NyE Communities Coalition Youth WERKS offers educational and employment related assistance to youth; providing the tools to successfully achieve their educational and career goals so that they become self-sufficient adults.
NyE Communities Coalition provides educational and work readiness services in a positive, supportive system to help youth vision and obtain career and educational goals. Participants take part in educational planning, work readiness, leadership/ group development and life skills support programming.
List of Services Provided
• Help in obtaining a high school diploma or GED, including tutoring, and proficiency preparation
• Post-secondary education exploration including colleges, university and technical trades
• Resume and application assistance
• Work experience opportunities and assessment of work skills
• Work readiness workshops
• Leadership and Life skills training, adult mentoring, guidance counseling and follow-up services
• Transportation assistance for education, training, job search and work experience opportunities
• Resource Room for job search, resume refinement, filing unemployment and job postings
• On site access to services and programs in the community
Who This is For
• Youth ages 16-21 years old residing in Nye and Esmeralda Counties who meet the federal and state qualification guidelines.