Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority’s YES Program provides educational and employment services in a comprehensive approach to help youth who have struggled to better be able to achieve their goals. The YES Program will create opportunities for youth in its program to explore career options in the fields of Science, Math, Engineering and Technology.
Youth have access to a full range of services to support their goals of obtaining their educational credential and pursuing the career of their choice, including services that address barriers that may have stopped them from succeeding before.
List of Services Provided
• One-on-one or small group tutoring to support those pursuing HS Diplomas, GEDs and post-secondary College and Career plans
• Credit retrieval and Summer School for credit deficient students
• Support Services to promote individual goals, including transportation and childcare assistance, incentives for completing goals, clothing assistance, work cards and more
• Leadership development and comprehensive counseling services to support work maturity
• Work Readiness training and support – including building resumes, mock interviews, workplace etiquette, conflict resolution and more
• Paid and Unpaid Work Experiences to support career exploration and gain work history
• Career and College Exploration, Guidance & Assessments
• Occupational Skills Training & On-the-Job training to kick-start careers after graduating
Who This is For
Youth ages 16-24 in need of assistance to complete educational and employment goals; includes pregnant and parenting youth, foster youth, youth involved in juvenile justice or those youth who otherwise need services.