The Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow (FIT) Re-Entry Initiative provides ex-offenders with the tools necessary to successfully reintegrate back into the workforce. It offers individuals with justice involvement increased stability, confidence and the foundation for long term reintegration. The program is designed to comprehensively address educational and occupational skill gaps, as well as internalized behavioral patterns. Through seamlessly combining soft skills classes, intensive and integrated case management and skills training producing industry recognized credentials.
List of Services Provided
- Financial support for Occupational Skills Trainings, as determined on a case-by-case basis using a holistic assessment that takes into account: employment goals, the nature of previous charges and convictions, current aptitude and skillset, and previous work experience
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) wage reimbursement incentives for employers, as well as federal bonding
- “Stages of Employment” re-entry job readiness workshop that focuses on time management skills, effective job searching, and interviewing techniques; includes two recorded mock interviews giving individuals insight on how to appropriately present oneself to employers
- Individualized and intensive case management and career counseling, along with follow up retention services for one year after employment has been obtained
- Tools, uniforms, work cards and other items required for employment once a person has been hired for a job
- Courses in basic computers and digital literacy
- Partners Co-Located on-site: Nevada Job Connect, DA Family Support, Division of Welfare and Supportive Services, and Clark County Adult Education
Who This is For
Individuals with a criminal background which is presenting a barrier to employment.